Fund Development Coordinator (Full-Time)
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for planning and managing fundraising events and programs for the Herberger Theater Center. Reports to Director of Development & Marketing.
- Manage and execute annual fundraising and outreach events and programs (Plated & Staged, Festival of the Arts, First Friday, Performance Discoveries), including coordinating all aspects of event logistics and details.
- Oversee all details related to Art Gallery, including exhibit and guest curator coordination
- Support fundraising strategy and goals through setting event and outreach activities to achieve annual goals and budgets, consistent with Herberger Theater initiatives.
- Provide regular and accurate reporting on the success of fundraising efforts.
- Support details of annual campaign.
- Work with Director of Development to provide support to solicit corporations and civic groups for donations and other support
- Build online giving program.
- Represent the organization at select events.
- Demonstrate a genuine care and concern for the quality and convenience of donors’ experience that develops insight into behavior to help build audiences and engagement.
- Support and collaborate with the Director of Development & Marketing on efforts to create donor and sponsor recognition as we all as contribute to the execution of special events, community events and other fundraising initiatives
- Works closely with Marketing department and other vendors to manage production and tight deadlines for print and digital event assets.
Manage administrative and operational systems to:
- Track fundraising income and expenses, track cultivation and stewardship information compile reports as needed.
- Recognize contributions with acknowledgment letters and special recognition events.
- Attend various committee meetings, assist with mailings, write follow-up letters and track and manage donor data.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Philanthropy or related degree
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three to five years of experience in fundraising and/or event planning, preferably within a nonprofit organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and donor database management system (i.e., Raiser’s Edge).
- Strong work ethic and committed to excellence in details.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Should possess excellent written and interpersonal communications skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and keep them on schedule, strong organizational skills, and the capacity to oversee the direction of event task force committees.
- Must meet yearly fundraising goals. Should be comfortable with making requests of support from individuals. Should have the ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to work on deadline, manage multiple assignments at once and maintain a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to write articulate, effective correspondence and event materials.
- Hands-on experience in planning and implementing donor events independently and in partnership with a committee of high-profile stakeholders.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills; proven record of working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Be creative!
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to Laurene Austin, email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Financial Controller (Full-Time)
The Herberger Theater Center is seeking a full time Financial Controller for immediate employment. This position provides all accounting services for the Center, including the tracking of income and expenditures, payroll, taxes and benefits. Prepares monthly statements, portions of the annual budget and provides some analysis of expenditures. Experience with QuickBooks Premier accounting software a plus. Non-profit experience helpful but not required. Requires 3+ yrs. of professional level experience as a Controller. A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field a plus. Full time position with benefits, vacation, paid holidays. Send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Part Time On Call (non-exempt)
Over hire production staff. HTC maintains an overhire list in Carpentry, Props, Wardrobe, Electrics, and Deck Crew. Daytime, night and weekend opportunities are available throughout the year. Must be able to lift 35lbs or more. Compensation based on experience. Must be 18 years of age or older.
If you are interested in being added to our Tech Overhire list, please send a resume and references, along with your area of experience and your general availability to our Tech Department.
Herberger Theater Center is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or national origin.