UPDATE – MARCH 25, 2021
While you may have heard that Governor Doug Ducey has issued an executive order easing some safety restrictions, the Herberger Theater does not have plans to change our current approach to guest safety. This includes maintaining a mask mandate while inside our venues, unless actively eating or drinking, and ensuring guest groups are seated 6′ from other guests. As is noted in the executive order, event organizers are encouraged to follow CDC guidance. While we understand this may be frustrating, we thank you for your cooperation while we maintain the safety of our guests, artists, and community.
• Masks & Face Coverings: All Guests, volunteers and staff must wear masks/face coverings as per CDC guidelines. Cloth face coverings shall be constructed with two or more layers of breathable fabric. Face coverings shall cover both nose and mouth and fit snugly along the sides of the face and securely under the chin. Face coverings may be removed only while enjoying concessions purchased at the bar in designated seating areas.
• Physical Distancing: Guests are required to maintain 6’ physical distance between themselves and other parties from different households. Signage and floor markings will be in place as a reminder.
• Seating: Seating areas will have chairs in place to ensure proper distancing. Chairs in each area must be used by Guests from the same household, Guests that arrive together or that purchase tickets in a single transaction.
• Box Office: Tickets will be available online with tickets delivered through email. Ticket scanning for entry will be touch free. Guests who are not feeling well or who have symptoms should not attend events and will be allowed to exchange their tickets or receive refunds. (This information does not apply to the Festival of the Arts.)
• Restrooms: Occupancy of the interior restrooms will be limited to ensure proper physical distancing. Ongoing sanitation of high touch surfaces will take place during all events. See below.
• Cleaning: In addition to overnight sanitation, we will have trained cleaning staff before, during and after every event with guests. They will sanitize high touch points, restrooms, and other surfaces on an ongoing basis. That includes the audience area, restroom, box office, and backstage areas. During the Festival of the Arts, they will also sanitize chairs in the seating pods after guests depart and prior to other guests using the chairs.
• Concessions: Concessions will be available to purchase from TLC Café through our bar window. No outside food or drink will be permitted. Drinks and food may only be consumed in designated seating areas.
• Healthy Associates: HTC staff Associates and volunteers will submit daily health screening information, including temperature checks. Anyone reporting symptoms or not feeling well will not be permitted to be at or work at the theater.
• Smoking/Vaping: Smoking and vaping will only be permitted in designated areas away from the seating area and lobby doors.