Full Time Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the technical areas of the facility including lighting, sound and rigging equipment as well as the scheduling and coordination of the house crew. Employee works as a team with inside and outside sources planning for and providing services needed by facility users. Work includes selection, assignment and evaluation of house technical personnel, ordering supplies, and controlling equipment and supplies inventories. Work requires exercise of initiative and independent judgment in various circumstances. Work is subject to varying assignments and hours, and involves the general supervision of related technical personnel. Familiarity and understanding of a variety of theater concepts, industry standards and procedures required. Must have a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Salary commensurate with experience. The Herberger Theater Center is a Non-Profit organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Resumes will be accepted through April 12th. Applicants must be available for in person interviews through April 19th. Selected individual will begin work April 29th.
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade;
- Computerized stage lighting and complex sound operations as conducted in a theater facility;
- Knowledge of theatrical rigging equipment and its operations;
- Basic Windows-based PC operation including understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Principles and practices of supervision;
- Leadership styles and skills;
- Procedures and techniques required for the installation and maintenance of stage lighting and electronic sound system equipment;
- Electrical and mechanical equipment including tools, test devices and safety methods associated with such equipment.
- Ability to plan, assign and direct the work of technical personnel needed in the utilization of facilities.
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs and work long hours when needed.
- Make fine, highly controlled muscular movements to adjust the position of a control mechanism, such as operating controls for light and sound equipment.
- Use common hand tools, such as screw driver, pliers, hammer or similar equipment.
- Use a catwalk in the performance of duties.
- Learn job related material primarily through oral instruction and observation which takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Ability to analyze operating conditions and problems and recommend or take appropriate action.
- Ability to express self clearly and concisely.
- Communicate in the English language with individuals in a face-to-face one-on-one setting or by telephone.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with users, city officials and the general public.
- Must be able to work irregular hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Other duties as required
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Five years of experience in facility management for a theater, or other public use facility, and a bachelor’s degree in theater or related field. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Part Time On Call (non-exempt)
Over hire production staff. HTC maintains an overhire list in Carpentry, Props, Wardrobe, Electrics, and Deck Crew. Daytime, night and weekend opportunities are available throughout the year. Must be able to lift 35lbs or more. Compensation based on experience. Must be 18 years of age or older.
If you are interested in being added to our Tech Overhire list, please send a resume and references, along with your area of experience and your general availability to our Tech Department.
Herberger Theater Center is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or national origin.